Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just Nothing Like Calves to 
Keep you Humble

I just returned home from a church service in which one finds this sentence which is said at the imposition of ashes on one's forehead:

"Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return." BCP p265.

I am sure unlike other worshipers my thoughts turned to all the times in my work with calves. That is both as raising my own calves and as a consultant, I thought of all the times when I have gotten cocky, thinking confidently how much I knew about rearing calves. I knew all the answers.

Then, every time this happens I confront a situation for which I have no answer. I am cut right off at the knees. "If you are so smart why don't you know how to fix this?"

All a matter of perspective. Remember you are dust, and to dust you shall return!

No comments: